Friday, January 04, 2008


































Christmas' last hurrah!
As you can see from the first picture, I was smiling from ear-to-ear all night! A couple days before I went to RC to see my old friends, I was going through my Hope Chest, Gramma made me. She is slowly trying to get rid of stuff, no easy feat if you have ever been to my Grandparents house. Anyway, I found a box of notes written to me from my friends from High School. I had notes from Suree, who affectionately referred to me has "Pisshead" or "Piss", Cher wrote some funny ones as you might imagine, those of you who know her, and some from Janet and Beth. There were several from people who called themselves my best friend, but I can't for the life of me remember who they are! For some reason Karen and Carey's notes were not in there, I think I had them in a different place. Anyway, it was so fun reading these, and made me want to be in RC that much sooner. My intention was to bring the notes, so Cher, Suree and I would have a good laugh. Also thought it might be a good conversation tool in case we have those awkward gaps in conversation. Why I always worry about that, I don't know, cuz that never happens with these friends of mine. It really truly is as if we are in each others lives everyday. We don't miss a beat. I forgot to bring the notes anyway! But we did talk about them, and did some reminiscing of the past. We were laughing pretty hard already by the time the guys showed up. Our guys!:) I haven't seen Mitch, guy with the snow hat on, for 20 years! It was even easy to talk with him, as if time has never past! Mitch is happy, married and has a youngin that he beams about. His smile was as big and constant as I have always remembered him to be. It was better than I can describe to you all, how it was for me that night. I have never had better guy friends in my life, and I really miss that, having guy friends. And my girl friends, well I love them so much, and I will carry my time with them in my heart for a long time. I haven't laughed like that in so long. I haven't felt a part of a group in so long....trying not to cry here. So, thank you Suree, Cher, Robbie, Pat and Mitch for a night I will hold very close for a long time. Can't wait to see you all again soon! Mitch and Pat said they will be coming to the big 20 year! They better! I told Robbie, who graduated a year before us, that he might as well come, he practically was an honorary member of the '89 class! Happy New Year my friends!














10 comments:

Karen said...

I am so happy that you had a great night! And SO.NOT.JEALOUS. Ahem.

Chris said...

We really missed you though!

Karen said...

You look smokin' hot, by the way.

:-)

bobbione8y said...

i want your haircut!!!!!!!

Chris said...

Really Bobbi, no one has EVER said that to me before....seriously:)

cherk said...

It was a very fun night, so much I was pretty worthless the next day. I think that is what make it so much fun is that it doesn't happen that often! Thank goodness:)

Karen said...

Yeah, we're getting kind of old for that kind of thing! Remember when we used to do it ALL THE TIME??? Sheesh.

Chris said...

Crazy but fun!

carey said...

oh, that looks fun! you ladies are all so gorgeous. :)

DeAnn said...

WOW! You guys look awesome!