Sunday, January 13, 2008


Which side is my side?
I dare you to figure it out! Yeah, like it's hard! Welcome to my new hobby. A hobby I thought I would never attempt, mostly because I am not crafty and I lose patience easily for things like this. Some women from church taught me, or at least got me started. I borrowed a project from a friend of mine from work who is really good, as you can probably easily see which end is hers. She had said she messed up on it anyway, but I couldn't find where, unlike my side where you can see billions! It, surprisingly, is pretty fun and relaxing despite my lack of skill right now. I am getting better, and I really like the process. I am just doing one type of stitching right now until I firmly have a handle on this one. The group from church meets again, their craft group is called UFO (Unfinished Objects), next month. I can't wait to show them my progress! Custom made scarves, here we come!!:)

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love it! You are going to be such a super crafty Golden Girl!!!

carey said...

oh, i want a hat. with a mushroom belt.

Chris said...

Carey, if you are not careful, mushroom everything is what you are going to get from me for every occassion!:) I am amazed at how much I like doing this already! This could be come an addiction.

carey said...

holy smokes. it's happening. we are growing up. or grown up? it must be true. i made two good dinners in a row, including karen's amazing mexican chicken corn chowder. you gotta make that sometime. mmmmm-mmmm.

cherk said...

MMMm-My grandma tried to teach me that when I was younger. She gave up and let me just use the stapler to make my own Barbie doll clothes.
Good for you, you have way more patience then I do.

bobbione8y said...

that yarn is pretty. like neopolitan ice cream.

anybody but me remember neapolitan ice cream?

Karen said...

Of course I remember Neapolitan ice cream. I used to only eat the chocolate.

Good job, Carey! I need to get you more recipes..