Saturday, January 26, 2008

I ask you.....am I old already??







Last night I went to the Black Rose, which is a community center in
Black Forest. My boss had asked me and another co-worker if we wanted to go to this place to listen to music featuring Chuck Pyle, seen in this picture. I said "Yes!", thinking that the other person was going to say yes too, we had had a stressful week. But she said no, and so did everyone else she asked, so I was stuck. My boss loves going to the Black Rose, and loves Chuck Pyle even more. He is actually famous in the Country Music world, and has written many songs for famous singers, but I only knew he was old and sang country songs. Here is an epitaph I found on his website:



An accomplished songwriter, Chuck's songs have been recorded by John Denver, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Suzy Bogguss. Country fans know him best for writing, "Cadillac Cowboy", recorded by the late Chris LeDoux, and "Jaded Lover", recorded by Jerry Jeff Walker.


At the Community Center, they serve cookies and brownies, coffee and tea. No wine. I really needed some wine! You also have to sit on metal folding chairs for 4 hours! There were three acts before Chuck, who were three guys with guitars from Madison Wisconsin. They were all really good. Then Chuck came on, and to my surprise I liked him. He has been doing this a long time, and he is very comfortable on stage. He is also a really good story teller. So, despite the headache I had the next morning from sitting in those chairs, I had a fun time. More importantly, my boss had a great time.

Ok, the reason I asked if I am old before my time, is tonight I am going to a Bowling Alley to hang out with a friend from work. I am learning to knit. I joined the Easter Choir at church. I sit at home a lot. Seriously, who am I??

8 comments:

bobbione8y said...

he he he he.


ya know, i think you are discovering who you are along the way. i had NO idea that your story would end up being that you had fun, but i am GLAD you did!!

old is in the eye of the beholder, or whatever they say. i bet you were the hottest one at the community center, chris!

Chris said...

Ya think? I did have the hots for the second singer, but alas he is a traveling musician!

cherk said...

I agree Bobbie-it is our attitude that makes us old not what we do. Really I wear big nasty grandma underwear to hold it all in and if anything makes a person feel old it's that. Definitely not hot!

Chris said...

Oh Cher, don't kid yourself..that is hot!:) I love you! Thanks for cheering me up.

Karen said...

You, my friend, are a work in progress. And you are the furthest thing from old. Don't even worry about that.

I did wonder, though, about why you had a headache from the chairs, instead of a butt ache. Just wondering.

Also--I have been to the Black Rose. Once. With my boss. Weird, huh?

Chris said...

Linda, who is always prepared, brought along seat cusions. Gotta love her!:)

carey said...

look at the bright side. if growing older means no longer having to stand for hours in the tortoise yard at reptile gardens (looking hot in the safari wear), driving rusted out Ford Fiestas, and going to the bar hoping someone will buy you a beer because you used all your money at the laundromat...then YAHOO for getting older. :)

Chris said...

Point taken!:)