Monday, March 23, 2009


For Bobbi:
Here's the latest on my little friend Digby. Well, He graduated his first Doggie class. He was neither at the top or the bottom of his class, but I KNOW he would have been at the top if I had practiced with him more. That dog is so motivated by food and pleasing you, and he is smart too! I decided to not sign up for the next class right now, but will try harder to practice what we have already learned:)
He has had only one Introduction since he was "adopted" before. He met a family who seemed very nice and I thought they liked him. We decided to be very honest with them about the last adoption, but also told them what we have & are going to do about it. It didn't seem to bother them, but they did not ask to keep him. I'm sure you all know I was relieved just a tad. Even though I want him to well with all this, I also love the little dude. Someone from our class asked me why I don't adopt him, I hear this a lot. So, I broached the subject with one of the Allbreed people. They said I would be considered a Foster Failure, which really means they would never let me foster through them again. Even though I am tempted to keep him, it doesn't feel good to keep him like that, you know? Plus, I don't know if I would have to pay the $108 it costs to adopt him or not. Don't really have that. So, I continue to try and keep things in perspective.
A funny thing did occur during the Intro with that family. The girl that heads up Allbreed was in the Intro with me, and playing with him on the floor. He was rolling over to get a tummy rub. Laura asked me, didn't you say he was fixed? I said, yeah that is what Karen told me, and it was written on the certificate from the Humane Society, why? Uh, because he is not fixed! Everyone had a big laugh at my expense because I did not figure this out on my own, including me! But I am telling you, I couldn't tell! I am use to bigger animals, ok. His little balls(excuse me!) do not hang like big dogs! So, now he has to under go the snip-snip! Poor Digby!;)

9 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah, but how could keeping Digby make either one of you a failure??

Karen said...

Go look at all the weird people who have visited my blog today! It makes me wonder what is going on.

bobbione8y said...

he he he.

foster failure. THAT is a really seriously dumb term.

i am kind of just praying that nobody likes him. ever. because he is just a sweet boy!! go digby! go you!

Chris said...

Yeah, Digby & I do have a pact, he has to bite everyone who adopts him so he has to come back to me everytime. I know, I so want him to stay with me.

Chris said...

Karen, weird people being you and Bobbi?

bobbione8y said...

i know! i was wondering what she meant by that too!!

Karen said...

There were all these people from around the world, and then they all disappeared.

Aspiring Farm Girl said...

You didn't tell me about Digby- you foster failure.;p I love that you're a foster parent.:)

Chris said...

Hey Kris, welcome to blog land! Are you going to start one also??