Saturday, March 21, 2009





Ok girls, it is on!!






It is time to get serious, there is much at stake! The big one is coming. The big 20 year class of'89! And I know my friends, you all are workout fiends when there is the proper motivation especially. I know I am not fat, but I know I have let myself get a little soft in the middle. I need to look awesome, or at the very least be able to hang with my friends, who I know are all going to look awesome! The biggest thing is being able to wear a bikini and not feel self conscious about it if we go to the lake. So, I guess what I am saying, is I have to get serious. There is only little over three months left to shed a few pounds and tone up. Can I do it?? Answer is, AAAARRRGGGGG! I hope so. This is some of the plan:


1) I first took Carey's test: and I am a balanced oxidizer. Which, after some research really tells me to eat balanced portions of good foods that contain proteins, carbs, and fats. I already do this pretty well, although I wish I could afford to buy fish more often. But in taking the test, it reminds me about good balance and portion control.


2) Continue my walkin dogs routine. Gets me outside nearly everday. But also step up the weights, yoga & Pilate's. One thing I HAVE to do is get home earlier from work!


3) I signed up for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Challenge through work. We have a fitness committee, that puts on several events over the year, and this is an annual one. I didn't do it last year because you are required to get up at the butt-crack of dawn on my precious sleeping in Saturdays! You have to meet everyone by 6:30am, hike starts SHARPLY at 7am. Seriously, they will leave you! So imagine me all excited that Digby's classes are over, which only required me to get up by 8am. Not from April 4th until June, I will be getting up before 6am! Every Saturday! Anyway, it works like this. Every Sat. we hike somewhere different, each hike gets more difficult. The last hike is, of course, going up Pikes Peak. It's a tough hike from what people tell me, a 14r. Most people don't even walk back down because they are so tired! So, wish me luck. People are already making bets that I don't make it past two weeks!




Here's to looking awesome to impress only ourselves!;)

7 comments:

cherk said...

Wow, you are very motivated, good luck. And just a little reminder do it for yourself more then for some silly reunion, you already look great by the way. And trust me, there will be no bikini on my body for the lake day-no amount of sit ups can fix this middle:)

Chris said...

You know I want your calves though, right??

bobbione8y said...

you know what i want?

i want a digby update :)

oh.

and you are already AWESOME, outside and in :)

Chris said...

Awe shucks Bobbi! Will ya cheer for me anyway? Digby update coming up soon.:)

Karen said...

Rock on, sister! I wish I was there to do it with you!!

carey said...

good for you, but i agree. don't do it for the reunion. do it for yourself!

Chris said...

People! I am using the reunion for motivation, play along!