Monday, March 09, 2009


Today's funny:
Late for work this morning, and pulling out of driveway realize that I am way past E.
I think, I can make it!
Can't be any later than I am today, have trainings all morning.
Note to self, will get gas as soon as I leave work today.
5pm, turn engine, notice it took a bit to get started.
Pulled up to a stop sign, car feeling weird.
Pulled up to stoplight with gas station right across the street.
Car dies right there at light!
Had to tell drivers behind me that I couldn't move my car across intersection to fill gas can.
Sorry, you have to go around me.
Listen to various honking as I walked across street.
Filling gas can, I twitch, gas spills all over me and ground.
Screw on cover, walk back as if nothing is wrong.
Fill tank with what little I had.
Drove to gas station to fill up rest of tank.
Filling up tank, thought it was full.
Pulled hose out as it is still gushing out.....
all over me.
Drove home stinking of gas.
Oh the high.
:)

6 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Stromie! I think you need a vacation to the Chris Spot. Any chance of that happening?

Chris said...

I wish!! I just don't see it happening this year. If I make a spot for you, will you come? Anyway, I have a lot to pay for if I get anything back from taxes this year, so not sure any trips will happen except reunion. :(

Karen said...

What are your dates for going home? What if we fly to the Springs and then drive to SD with you?

Chris said...

That's an idea. I was thinking about going home a week before the reunion, and also staying the week of the reunion. So, two weeks. I'll have to see what that looks like on the calendar.

cherk said...

I love this post, it is so VISUAL:) Yes, by the way when are you all coming home, we are planning a chicago trip and summer lessons etc. DO NOT want to miss anything. So far I am thinking a lake day is in order and marshmallows again at my house:)

bobbione8y said...

ha. my "runnin' out of gas" thrill days are over. i have not let it get below the red line in quite awhile !!

i do remember ALL of those times i tempted fate, though, and how mad people got when they had to come rescue me :)